View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 14, 2013, 08:24 PM

I started Doxepin on Sunday night. I slept like a log. Woke feeling as if I had been to a wild noisy party and was hungover but that rapidly improved.

I'm going home today. Not before time!

Admitted Friday and had copper late evening and into the night. Copper on Saturday finished later evening. Sunday they ran out of copper. Rest day. Monday waiting....waiting.....waiting. Copper finally turned up at 9 pm and ran until 1.30 am. However....when the nurse came to disconnect the copper when the pump alarmed it was found that all the copper had leaked onto the flood instead of into me! I wasn't aware because I slept through it all from the new tablet.

So, I'm having copper as i type but it's not due to finish until 2.30 and the ambulance is picking me up to take me home at 1pm. I'm not going to get the full dose. I will have spent 5 days in hospital for two and a half doses of copper.

The lady next door is still screaming and when I went to have a shower this morning I discovered the hospital hasn't got any hot water. The nurses aren't very happy about that. All those elderly people that they have to try to bathe and heating water in the microwave.

My doctor asked me if I want to come back next week for more copper to make up for this weeks fiasco. I won't repeat my response.

On a positive note, I'm feeling pretty good.