View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 7, 2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
My dad was dignose with MDS last Oct 2010. Doctor told us that he was still in a rather early stage of MDS and if treated well he would still have many years with us.

He was in his Fifth cycle of Vidaza and was feeling weak.

2 mths ago in July, he suddenly caught a fever and started vomiting. He was then admited into the hospital. He was in there for a month. transfusing blood and platelet everyday. He kept on fighting but eventually lost the battle 3 weeks ago.

I'm writing this because i want to let people know don't believe what one doctor says and seeks a few more opinions and treatment decisions needs to be made wisely. Dont treat MDS lightly as Low white blood count means you are very prone to infection.

Its not even a year and i lost him.... i miss him everyday. he is a great man.

We were all there when he took his last breath. He was only 59 when i lost him... i wish i had more time with him.

To everyone.. dont give up.

" I'll keep on fighting " - Thats what my dad said till the last day.
I am so sorry for your loss!!! My dad was diagnosed last year at 63. He is my best friend.
It has been a rough year for us and we just thought they were regulating him and all of a sudden his numbers go haywire and they have him on all these chemo pills and he feels like crap and he's talking about if he passes. This is killing me inside. Thanks for your advice about getting other opinions my dad is against it but I slowly keep suggesting. My thoughts and prayers r with your family.