View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 22, 2014, 08:02 AM

Hi Dan ,
Thank you Dan for the information I have not heard her Doc. talk about relapse??? But I hear him talk about Graft failure ..

I am thinking it could be similar ,but yet not ... Amy never , never grafted he body destroyed the new cells just like it keeps destroying her own cells .

So people that have relapsed indeed engrafted for at least six months sounds like to me ??

Where yes I was told when Amy hit on 1 day 5.0 that her body was now engrafting , but it only lasted 1 day and her numbers dropped again which than caused graft failure.

Things I have been told why she did not GRAFT
1. not strong enough chemo ?
2. Amys immune system was much strong than they all thought ?
3.Amys phenobarbital was messing with her Pro-graft ?
4.not enough t- cells where put in with the new donor cells?

I sure hope they took great notes for the 2nd transplant .

Amy for sure is a puzzle , but God sure makes them great !

I was told yesterday that Amys BMB had not changed at all from the Aug. BMB which means to me that the chemo never touched anything .

Amy's WBC , ANC, Hemo , Platelets are all effected by the MDS

Today Amy's ANC is wiped out from the Vidaza
white is 0.6
hemo 8.0
platelets 26
in a few week her numbers should come back up a little better ,well we can hope and pray they do so she will have some kind of an immune system .
I guess the only thing good that has happen so far and we are thankful is she has not needed to take or be supplemented with potassium and the Mag. is kind of hold its own at 1.6 but hopefully after her 1st. cycle of Vidaza again that too will improve .

She also is not having gallbladder issues ,but Vidaza make your stomach feels like not eating her liver counts are high due to not wanting to eat right now. she needs more protein .. an good thoughts on how I can get her to eat more protein ?

When she had chemo before transplant she ate like a PIG !! lol and now I have a hard time getting her to eat anything .

So I am hoping be at home again her appetite will improve . I need her to stay as strong as she can before next transplant .

Dan are you doing Belly shots of Vidaza ? or IV ? This time they are doing belly shots and I have to say the side effects are less than IV .

Thank you so much for listening .

Life isn't good without God !!

Sue Amy's mom