View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 10, 2013, 11:13 PM

I've just been admitted and seen my doctor. I asked for a referral to see a Psych while I'm here. He said "yeah, sure, no problems" then he listened to my chest etc. he thought for a while and said why did I want to see a Psych. I just said I didn't want to discuss it with him and that was what the Psych is for.

To his credit he just laughed and said "fair enough". So the Psych is booked to see me tomorrow morning.

I'm in a room by myself which is nice but the old lady next door is demented and hasn't stopped screaming since I got here. The Nurse Manager keeps popping her head in and apologising but it really doesn't bother me. Reminds me of my working days when I would go to the secure medical wards for dementia patients. The things she's screaming out are rather funny. She has "runny stuff coming out of her bum". Oh, I so hope not.....poor nurses!

Talk about my weight piling on. I have "hospital pyjamas", you know, the good ones you don't wear at home! Well, I put them on when I got here and they just barely fit. They were ok last time. I'll probably need to ask for a hospital gown when they start the steroids and fluids and I blow up like a balloon.

Uh oh, there's more runny stuff again, but this time it's coming from her ears???......so glad I'm only a patient and not the nurse.