View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 11, 2013, 10:47 PM

I only have one question. Why didn't I see a psychiatrist before now? He was delightful. He just did a preliminary fact gathering session and has already made me feel better about myself than I have felt in a couple of years. I even have a tentative diagnosis of clinical depression caused by my neuro condition involving the chemicals in the brain.

He assures me that I'm not in denial about my condition and that I should never have been told that I have no hope for physical improvement because my condition is so rare that those kind of assumptions are very tenuous.

He's coming back tomorrow to do a proper session and start anti depressants. He wants me to have the tablets while I'm in hospital so I can be monitored.

Thank you everyone for supporting me. I suspected I was losing my mind and was doubting every thought I had. I feel more confidant now that my thinking isn't deranged. In fact he assured me that my thought processes were perfectly normal in the circumstances.

Birgitta, this psych is late middle aged, very overweight, dressed sloppy casual and very informal. He's very easy to relate to. I'm thinking your career must have been very rewarding. The mind is as important (maybe more important) than the body.