Thread: Vidaza
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 13, 2014, 05:10 AM

Thanks DanL. I appreciate the time you took to provide this info. According to the IPSS-R score calculator I am Low risk at present (providing my blast count hasn't risen in the last 9 months) so that's a big improvement on 3 years ago! Not sure whether my associated hypogammaglobulinemia would affect this risk level. To me the hypo is almost a blessing because it means I have an infusion of IgG every 4 weeks. Since my white cells (neuts and lymphs) are my biggest issue I believe that these infusions are compensating for my low immune system to a significant degree. See http://primaryimmune.org/treatment-i...bulin-therapy/ if you are interested.

I do hope that the Vidaza is providing you with relief from the GVHD and that your counts are improving now.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.

Last edited by Cheryl C : Mon Oct 13, 2014 at 06:34 AM.