View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2014, 03:31 PM

Gherkin dip...hope u feel better this morning.

I had a bit of an anxious night. Once I got to sleep I was fine. It's just all quite overwhelming. I have a very sore throat after my bronchial biopsy, apparently that's normal. And antibiotics should cover me for anything else nasty. Really need to stay well for treatment on Monday.

I think it all just got to me. And yes I'll name it, the possibility of not surviving this. Staying in remission without transplant is unlikely. That's only what the Drs said. No one really knows. But MDS to AML does have a poorer prognosis. So that plays on my mind from time to time.

The Christmas break makes it hard because if I'd like to talk with a councellor they aren't available. But I might have a chat to a nurse today.

I have a faith also. Like to be more active in prayer & make peace with myself. I know what I mean.
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.