View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 27, 2014, 05:31 AM

Hi Julie,

Haven't been on here in awhile and so sorry to hear your news. I have spent some time up on level 5 at the RbH myself. I didn't have my chemos there but had my transplant there and couldn't speak higher of the BMT nurses. Like Chirley said, I am almost 22 months new and doing well (even just found out that my doc - dr Glen Kennedy - has said I don't need a BMA at my 2 year mark)!! A bit anxious about that really! Because you never truly know what's happening until they check your marrow. As you probably know, I had MDS that transformed to AML. I had 2 rounds of chemo to achieve remission but my bone marrow never regenerated so went straight to transplant with a 8 out of 10 match. All those things and more, meant that odds were not in my favour but really one cannot tell how things will go. I have read about many wiith much better odds not making it. And really I live with the fear that next month I might be back where u are and fighting all over again.

I, like Chirley, am a Southsider but travel at least once a month to RBH, so would be happy to pop in and see you or private message me at anytime if you want to talk to someone who has been there and who is still fighting.

Anyway sorry to hear your news and I am hoping your meds kick in quick and you are able to start treatment as planned.. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Sharnie.

Ps good luck with your next round Chirley. I was in Brisbane Private on New Years 2 years ago. Didn't see any fireworks though... Think I slept through it all.