View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 7, 2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulag View Post
It has been a while since I've posted--not the best journey, but hopefully back on track. My husband did have his first DLI in June and then, needed a second DLI beginning of September. After a couple of weeks he wasn't feeling well and started running a low grade fever. Dr. thought he might have pneumonia, but had several tests and not the case. They did BMB and unfortunately he had AML with 33% blasts. He was in hospital beginning of October for 33 days. Just got out two weeks ago. He had induction chemo 7+ 3 protocol. First BMB showed no blasts so fortunately he did not need the possible second round of consolidation chemo. He was in hospital a little longer than the expected 30 days because his ANC was slow to come back. He really felt fine and was going a little stir crazy. He is now considered in remission and his chimerism showed 100%donor. He just had another BMB and we will be meeting with doctor this week for results. We will then need to discuss choices for next steps--do nothing and watch; another DLI (he has two more frozen bags);Vidaza; or, another transplant. Not sure of the timing on anything--will know more once we meet with doctor. Hopefully this next BMB will continue with no blasts and 100% donor.
Hey Paul, any updates on how you are doing?
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.