Thread: Broken Leg
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 27, 2016, 04:06 PM

Well, this is my conundrum... I used to joke with people that if I ever wanted to murder him, all I had to do was tell him that the doctor called and he only has 3 months to live. I guarantee he would die within 3 months... even if he wasn't sick. He is very suggestible, and I know that sounds silly, but I have seen it in action and I refuse to tell him most of the stuff I know about his disease. I truly believe that if he knew he how serious it was, he would go downhill a lot faster.

Trust me when I say that I spend a lot of time chewing my fingernails, wringing my hands and sobbing in the shower. Making him aware of my concerns is as far as I can go when it comes to the Transplant issue. If I were to beg him to do it, and he did it, and then he died, I would never forgive myself.

I do the best I can to take care of him and encourage him to be healthy, and that includes playing hockey (I hate hockey FYI) ... he lives for hockey and if that keeps him alive and happy, I will support it to the bitter end.

The thing is, my husband works at the Cancer Agency in our city. All of his doctor friends are very supportive but very dismissive of the disease (in my opinion). Like he has a minor ailment. So as long as they treat it that way, he will always see it that way as well. Who am I to argue?

He seems to break out in allergic rashes more than ever. Do you think that's related?

*** FYI he has only ever had 2 bone marrow biopsies ... 24 hours apart ... when he was diagnosed at the end of March 2015. He had to have 2 because the first was a dry tap. So was the second. No one has ever suggested he have another biopsy.