View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 12:07 AM

Jules was in the Royal Brisbane. It's the only one in QLD that does Allo BMTs. No, it's not 100% certain that she hasn't made it but there has been some unverified accounts from two different sources now that she lost her battle.

I come on here all the time hoping she comes on here and says she's been MIA because she was in ICU battling infection etc but the longer we don't hear anything, the more I have to believe the reports I heard.

Sharnie.....October is a bit more sensible for cruising....not cyclone season! I didn't want to leave it too long to take my cruise because I wasn't sure how well I would be later in the year, so I took the risk and booked in cyclone season. Oh well, might add to the fun. BTW, congrats on turning two.

Cheryl, I'm not going to Vanuatu, im going to New Caledonia. The cyclone is supposed to be between Vanuatu and Fiji I think but the seas will be pretty rough as it's supposed to be a 4 or 5. Maybe it will have blown over by the time we get there.

I'm pretty sure due to privacy reasons there is no way we could phone the hospital and ask however, Jules should have had a Leukaemia Foundation caseworker so perhaps the Leukaemia Foundation Queensland may be able to give some information.

I've been all hyped up about this trip and battling infections and second daily visits to the doctor and lots of shopping, I had managed to gain quite a bit of weight on my enteral feeds and gotten to 51kgs but have dropped to 48kgs again over the last few weeks. So I better have some empty calories on this trip and consume a cocktail or two