View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 5, 2014, 11:54 PM

Transplant date 20NOV14

I have been on this forum since January just after I was diagnosed with CMML. Since then I've had 7 rounds of Dacogen that have brought all my blood number to near normal range. BUT< marrow has not responded with an increase of blasts from 3% to 9%.

So, after last increase I decided it was time to proceed with the SCT. I've received much support from BALLIE who on this forum who is my age, non-symptomatic, active and at same hospital, OSHU. Just like me. He is doing as well as expected and I pray to follow his pattern. I am very grateful for his openness and friendship thru the internet and hope we meet someday.

So, i've been very busy preparing. Remodeling a downstairs with a bathroom and have found what I think is a wonderful person who will assist with my 24/7 care taking. Busy getting all my accounts on auto-pay, updating my will, and trying my best to get my "affairs" in order. I got married on Oct 4th to a wonder woman, a psychotherapist, hospice worker, and wonderful lover.

Along with Caringbridge.org and this site I will keep you posted. I start next week with physical exam, and another BMB. I have a 12/12 donor who is 31 male with matching blood type.

I welcome any all messages,

I'm John Cusack in Portland Oregon. No need for an alias at this point.
John, 68, Portland, Or. Dx with CMML on 12/1/2013, 3 days before admission for SCT, blasts went to 23%, AML. Did 7+3 chemo regimen. The chemo worked and blasts are 1% and did BMT on 1/1/15.- 12/2/15, ongoing GVHD in eyes. Lung fungus and Bronchiolitis Obliterans (BO).