View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 4, 2009, 01:17 PM

Mom Up-Date

Hello,

A lot has happened since the Relay for Life Post. August is a busy month in the Schultze clan so Mom had an Anniversary, and her and Pop's birthday without him. It was a very sad time for her and we talked about stuff, funny and sad and she kept herself busy through it all with chores, but I know the evenings and nights are very lonely for her. The kids, Belle especially, fill her afternoons after school, and I see her every weekend for chores.

She has been finding herself, and has been making short trips to see my sister Sue, 3 hours away. She has one coming up this month, a dog show with my sisters lab's.

Pop is a everyday thought with me and my family. I get accused of doing "Bob things" and acting "Boberly". That is o.k. I can live with that. We are, like I said before, a product of our parents. I can hear it in my laugh at times.

The tractor went down again yesterday when mom and I were fixing the driveway. Retrieving stones from the 10 plus inches of rain we had from the right of way. Well, the main hydraulic hose blew. Had to tow it back to the work shop. Mom said pop knew that was going to happen some day. She also said he was probably getting a good giggle out of it too. I tend to go with that thought.

I check the posts regularly, and look to see if some had beat the odds or have not. Have not seen much in either one, so I will take that as no news is good news.

It will soon be a year, 23 December, since Pop left on the next adventure. Belle wanted to do something special. I thought of writing some notes, and tie them to balloons. Not original, but if they clear the mountains, it will make Belle feel good. I will pray for a calm day.

Prayers to patients and care givers. Love and try to understand what each is going through. It will make bad times better for you. Don't forget to ask questions and ask for help

Hope, Cure.

Scott
SON OF BOB
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.