View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 22, 2010, 09:33 AM

Hello

I just wanted to let you all know that I think of marrow forums daily. It was this site that allowed me to express my fathers and my thoughts.

On a funny note, Pop visited last week. He has a unique way of, sometimes, breaking mom's stuff. Anyway, mom's washer stopped working. They had gotten a front load back in 1998. It stopped pumping and spinning and mom called the repair guy. {I'm not a washer guy, I had to yield} After the inspection, he hands mom some items. I swing by after work and ask her what was wrong with it. She has me hold out my hand and she dumps over a dozen finish nails and a dime into my hand. I looked at her and said, "Look, a visit from dad." We got misty eyed and laughed. I asked her to keep the treasure and she agreed; however, the rub is, pop did find a way to break something a year and a half after he had moved on to his next adventure.

Once again, he gets the last word. The washer, done. She had to get a new one. As I sit here with a smile on my face, just remember, as our loved ones move on without us, they always seem to leave a something behind, even if not planned, it becomes a treasure like this one.

Pop, your a hoot, and I miss you.

Thanks again Marrow forums.

Scott
Scott Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.