View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 20, 2022, 12:28 PM
Owner

Rich,

It must be royally frustrating not having a definite diagnosis and these changing test results!

There can be variations from lab to lab in CBCs and other tests, but it seems unlikely that a lab wouldn't correctly identify the generic abnormalities present. I think it's more likely that the 5q deletion really wasn't present in this sample. Cytogenetic results can differ because your cells are changing, as Matthew42 mentioned in your other thread, but results can also differ because of the particular sample they got during the biopsy and aspiration. Did they tell you anything about their ability to get a good sample? If your bone marrow was too "dry" to get a good sample, they may not have seen 5q- in the sample even though it's still present in your other cells.

Family history isn't normally an issue with diseases like MDS, but with symptoms like pruritus you may have a combination of illnesses (or having side effects of any treatment you are receiving).

I hope you have physicians you have confidence in. Why were you tested by a different provider? Are you getting second opinions, or switching providers?

Last edited by Neil Cuadra : Fri Feb 25, 2022 at 08:24 PM.