View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 13, 2014, 09:44 PM

Thanks Birgitta. Day 3 today and NO reaction yesterday, I'm so happy. BP has dropped a little to the 80s but feeling okay, retaining fluid but feeling okay. Pulse is in the 40s but still feeling okay.

My roommate also developed diarrhoea and ? Influenza....needless to say I wasn't very happy about it but they've moved her out because her Insurance cover didn't cover her for any more time in this hospital. I wonder who will share next? Ebola? Sometimes I wonder about their Infection Control procedures.

When they cleaned the room after she left they didn't even wipe down her IV pole or TV, inside her bedside locker or bedside chair, or change the curtain....eek.

Maybe I have obsessive compulsive disorder but it's served me well and I've avoided having too many infections with little to no neutrophils on occasion. Hospitals are the germiest I can think of.

My Doctor is looking very tired still. His mothers death a couple of weeks ago (unexpectedly) was a major blow and reshuffling his work at four hospitals and his private rooms must have been a nightmare too. Hopefully he will be feeling a bit better when he has a chance to stop and grieve properly. What a horrible life they must live.