View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 27, 2014, 07:25 PM

Thanks Birgitta but it's not depression stopping me from eating or drinking, it's being unable to prepare it or eat it. Some days I just can't physically get up to get a drink. I know I should tell my doctor I need in home help but then my parents, who live next door, would start interfering and I just couldn't stand it.

I vomit just about everything I do eat now so I usually don't bother much any more. Just a piece of toast or a drink of Milo or something.

I eat much better when I'm in hospital because they do the cooking! However, it still doesn't stay down.

I have an appointment to see a gastroenterologist because they think my stomach is slightly twisted again but I feel too tired to bother.

When my Aunt and Uncle passed away in Sweden they left their summer house to my cousin Mary and her husband Robert. He is a city person so Mary spends the summers there by herself. I forget whereabouts it is but I've been there, it's on a little lake and it's very beautiful. I know that Mary loves her "solitude" time and her break from her husband and being close to nature....to be honest, Robert is "hard work". They live the jet set life and travel the world constantly at his insistence. They've done this for 40 years and she just wants peace but he still wants 5 Star hotels and fine dining restaraunts. We never know when they are going to just "pop in" because they were in Tahiti or something. Just when you think you're safe on the other side of the world..the relatives still find you!

'm sorry to hear that the Revlimid isn't working for you any more. It seems that sometimes we just have to be thankful for all the treatments that have worked

I'm not throwing in the towel yet...there's plenty of life left in this old girl...I'm just saying...some good news would be welcome for a change.