View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 29, 2014, 04:41 PM

Thank you. I'm in hospital and the steroids are working...I'm hungry. I can't eat much..a mouthful here and there but at least I want to eat!

No wonder I've been feeling bad Hb and BP systolic the same on admission ...both 75. BP is up to 85 with fluids and steroids and feeling much better. My Hb will come up with the copper.

I'm actually pleased to be here. I feel I need to be looked after. No trying to cook or make the bed or clean the floor, (I might even get that home help after all)...in fact I'm not allowed out of bed without a nurse with me. I'm feeling slightly pampered and i usually try to be independant but this time I'm accepting the help gratefully.

I agree, I'm being hard on my Dad, he's not the problem.. It's my Mum. If she finds out I've been sick she "competes" and throws fainting attacks and vomiting attacks and screams with pain and generally makes my fathers life very difficult because she doesn't cope very well with my father not concentrating on her every second of the day. She will ring me and whine about the horrible nurses at dialysis and how they did this wrong and that wrong and how this patient said what, and how horrible her driver was and how much pain she's in and she never has a positive thing to say, even about my father who waits on her hand and foot. He does all the house work, washing, ironing, cooking, grocery shopping, mowing, he serves her meals to her and clears her dishes for her. He has done this for many years. He makes her bed. She literally does nothing.

If I were to get home help, my mother would be even more critical of my father because she would criticise him for not helping me but at the same time, if he did help me she would throw even more tantrums than she already does. Hes over 86, he deserves a break. Mum has a degree of dementia but it has just accentuated her personality disorder that she has always had.

I can't move because legally we all own the two properties jointly. It has tax and pension and Will legality issues.

I'm having the dreaded brain and whole spine MRI today...claustrophobia here I come but they assure me I can have some Midazolam.

I think the least I'll do when I get out is try to get Meals on Wheels (if I can sort my stomach issues out). I know I'm really past being able to cook my own meals.