View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 9, 2021, 02:28 PM

Dear mola-tecta,

I am in the same situation as you. It's downright maddening.

They understand aplastic anemia a bit better in the Far East because the disease is more prevalent in that part of the world. I have read a few stories of people with severe aplastic anemia being treated by Chinese medicine with great success (more or less cured without ATG or bone marrow transplant). Eastern medicine may be an option at some point if things don't improve in 4 months or so. We shall see. I am hesitant for my mother to the rabbit because it so potent, leading to chromosomal changes in her bone marrow.

It's as if aplastic anemia is still a great mystery to modern medicine.

If my mother were much younger, I would have already declared the horse-atg a failure from the research I read. But because I've read too many accounts of older people taking well over a year for a real response, I am going to hold off and let time go by (another 4 months or so). That's all we can do. I thank god my mother's neutrophils improved a lot, as that gives me some hope that the ATG is doing something. The hematologist said that neutrophils going up and staying makes it seem the ATG is working, but it doesn't prove it. LOL. I'm not really sure what that all means.

The waiting game continues...

Last edited by Matthew42 : Thu Dec 9, 2021 at 04:22 PM.