View Single Post
Old Wed May 12, 2010, 07:12 PM

To Neil Cuadra

Thanks for the note, I could not find the reply for PM's so I'll post it here. We are just a train ride from DC and will keep the conference in mind, guess it really depends on where we are in relation to treatments and Mike's blood counts at the time. We do have relatives in the area who will put us up for a few nights, at least I think they will

Also thanks for the forum, I did read your wife's story about her BMT which was encouraging.

Still trying to learn the language, tomorrow will be two weeks since his diagnosis. We did meet with Dr. Klimek of Sloan Kettering last Thursday who strongly suggested a BMT, they are in the process of reviewing his BMB which was done locally. The local hospital said about 10% blasts and Sloan said about 15% blasts, we are seeking another appointment at the NIH, although we do not want to wait too long before treatment.

Thanks again for the forum.
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.