View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks Sarah. It helps to know that others get these swings and that this is a whacko disease, as you so eloquently put it
I really dislike focusing on all these things as they interfere with my enjoyment of life but find myself second-guessing each little "symptom" such as indigestion, headaches etc. and wondering what could be happening.
I have "joined" www.inspire.ca an integrated health centre for cancer patients where the focus is on wellness and where the MD's work as team members with the surgeons etc. I like that they encourage me to focus on my HEALTHY bone marrow cells etc. However, each time I get a changed (worse) blood result, it takes me down the road where I feel helpless again.
The rain has stopped for a while, so I think I will go for a walk with my dog and try to focus on the moment. Thanks again.
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.