View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 5, 2014, 03:07 PM

Shark Liver Oil

Hi Peter - My mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer and after multiple rounds of chemo and radiation is on hormone therapy for the last 3 years. Unfortunately she has been diagnosed with MDS now and it is heart wrenching to see that there are really not many options with modern medicine. I came across the success story of your son while researching for alternate medicines. I pray that God continues to bless him and take care of him. My mom has been on fish oil since her start of chemo but some how we did not hear of shark liver oil until now. I took your advice and did some research on the internet. I was surprised to learn about all the health benefits particularly for people dealing with cancer. Will appreciate if you can share additional insights based on your experience:

1. What is the recommended dosage of shark liver oil for an adult? My mom is 60.

2. What brand do you use and/or recommend?

3. Are there any precautions to be mindful of when taking shark liver oil (other than alcohol which you specifically listed in your post earlier)?

4. Is shark liver oil fattening? I know we had this concern when we started fish oil for my mother and soon realized that in fact it is just the opposite as it helps boast HDL and reduce LDL.

Thanks for sharing your insights with the community at large. Its together that we can battle this disease and also help support the other brothers and sisters that are dealing with this unfortunate situation.