View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 15, 2015, 08:26 PM

Hi Cheryl. I really don't know what it means. I didn't speak to my physician or haematologist. I saw my GP who had spoken with the physician about the results of all the tests I had taken on my last admission amongst other things and that's what my GP told me was the conclusion they had come to. The upshot of it is that I'm not going for regular copper treatments any more but my GP is going to monitor my blood counts and when my Hb falls to 80 he will refer me to the hospital for whatever treatment they deem appropriate. Hb currently 100 after another 3 units.

My neuts are sitting at 1.0 and lymphs at 0.4 so I'm very happy with that. I no longer have a j tube for feeding because the one I had got infected with pseudomonas again....I insisted it was removed! I just had enough of putting up with green offensive pus coming from my abdo every other month. Seeing a surgeon next week about whether a new one (hopefully without the continual infections) is a possibility. I may just have to have a nasal feeding tube. Currently 43kgs.

I'm surprised that I'm feeling better than I have been in quite a long time. I even went out shopping just for fun yesterday, came home very tired but still felt well. Now...to try and grow some hair back would be nice...I'm cold!