View Single Post
Old Tue May 17, 2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew42 View Post
Yes, you can call Dr. Young's office and have them consult with your current hematologist. He and his team wouldn't see my mother, but they told my mother's doctor what the next course of treatment should be if things don't improve (Campath). Also, he said that my mother did have some response to immuno-suppressant therapy, but that she should still wait a few more months before going on to Campath. Sometimes, a complete response to ATG can take well over a year, particularly in older people. He also said that my mother's condition is highly immune-mediated because of her PNH clone. In other words, it is safe to say that she very much has autoimmune aplastic anemia. That's all the info we got from him. He reviewed her blood tests and bone marrow biopsies.

I would very much recommend the Cleveland Clinic, too.
He sounds like a great resource, and I'm glad he was able to give some advice on treatment for your mother even while not being able to treat her himself.

Thank you for your reply! Take care, Matthew!