View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 2, 2015, 12:34 AM

Well I checked out the health retreats and none of them are any good for me. I can't even walk without two walking sticks and then only a few meters, so I don't think yoga classes and bush walks and gym sessions are going to be of any benefit and that's what they all offer. They do offer organic healthy meals...except I get fed through a tube....waste of time.

Talking about the tube. I haven't been able to use it to give myself a feed since it was reinserted. I was blaming the connection between the feed line and the tube being ill fitting because the liquid would just leak all over me and the bed no matter what I did. The Endo unit at the hospital didn't want to know about it. The dietitian sent three different kind of connection adapters....nothing helped. I dropped back to 47kgs. So yesterday I caught a taxi to a private emergency department and I had a jejeunostogram performed. It turns out that when they inserted the tube they pumped the balloon on the end up so much it caused a complete bowel blockage. All the feed I was trying to put in was coming back through the hole the tube goes in. That also explained why I kept leaking bile fluid all the time from the tube. Anyway the ED doc deflated the balloon a little and I was given a kind of enema down the tube and today, for the first time in about ten days, I'm trying to get some nutrition in. If it still leaks out every where I think I'll give up. It's very frustrating.