View Single Post
Old Sun May 17, 2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirley View Post
Yes Neil, my GP knows my wishes and they clash with his beliefs. My Physician also knows my wishes but thinks I should continue having treatment. In my Physicians case, it isn't because he has his own agenda but because he is a genuinely caring man who thinks I have more life to live and should keep fighting.

The hospital rang my Physician who told them that giving me blood transfusions was just delaying my inevitable death and the hospital then decided they would no longer provide blood transfusions. I was told my Physician will ring me on Monday about reinstating my copper treatments. I feel as if my treatment options are being denied to me.
Chirley,

It is completely absurd that the hospital is refusing transfusions for you for not seeking "active" treatment. I do hope that you are able to get this worked out quickly. It is hard to believe that quality of life as defined by the patient isn't the priority.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.