View Single Post
Old Fri May 22, 2015, 10:04 PM

I'm still here

I have a card which lets me have a blood test whenever I want one for a six month period. That's not a problem. I just can't see the point because no matter what my Hb is the hospital says they won't transfuse again unless I agree to active treatment which I really don't want to do.

I wonder what they'd do if I turn up with a Hb of 50 and asked for a transfusion but still refused active treatment? Would they have the courage to refuse? It would be interesting to put them to the test.

This next week is my pivotal week, and crunch time. My Aunt and carer is leaving at the end of the week to spend some time with her sons and grandchildren and I'm barely able to look after myself let alone my house and pets. As well as that my mother is finally being discharged from hospital on Tuesday after her fall over a month ago and both my mother and father have misled the Discharge Nurse about the home situation. The Discharge Nurse is under the impression that the daughter (me) will be able to help care for her and so will my Aunt. So no services have been put in place to help my parents at home. My parents really do live in La La Land. I've spoken to my brother about the situation but as usual he's MIA. He was nice enough to phone my mother on her birthday! That was special of him, first time in about ten years.

It's funny what your brain does at times like this....I almost feel like I'm an observer watching this from outside with curiosity as to what's going to happen next but with no control over it and no real involvement.