View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 14, 2015, 07:09 AM

It's been two weeks since the last of three blood transfusions in a week (Hb was 66 afterwards) and since the last of five copper infusions. My blood test on Friday showed my Hb is still 66... So it looks as if the copper hasn't managed to get my bone marrow working like it used to.

I'm going back into hospital this week for another week of copper infusions.

My pain relief has been doubled and I've also been started on Clonazapam so I sleep 18-20 hours a day. I've got this odd craving for plain vine ripened sliced tomatoes absolutely drowned in salt and pepper.....I even drink the juices left over in the bowl.....weird or what? It's just about the only thing I eat now but I am still being fed through that j tube into my small bowel. The dietitian isn't particularly happy because I'm still losing weight but I'm not willing to be attached to the feeds day and night. I'm currently just having the feeds overnight and that's bad enough but to be attached to a pole, a pump and the feed during the day too is a bridge too far.

I don't know what this next week will bring....maybe the copper will work, maybe it won't. At least my family can't say I'm not giving it a go.