View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 7, 2015, 08:50 AM

Hello akemwave,

I will be interested in how you progress with your protocol. It's unfortunate that you cannot connect with Dr. Longo to assist you in your trial. Maybe there is someone local that would be willing to assist you. Many times, researchers will respond to other doctors/researcher before the general public so if you have a doctor willing to be your advocate, that may prove helpful in fine tuning a protocol. Undergoing extreme fasting without support is bit scary to me. From what I remember, Dr. Longo provides his clinical trial patients with a fasting kit with some level of calories/nutrition on the fast days. Coffee/water only was too difficult for most and they found they could provide a bit more calories and still be effective. If you watched the video I posted in the other link, he speaks to that in there.

Hopefully you are including blood chemistry panels in addition to your CBCs and have also verified that your B12, folate, copper, iron, zinc and vitamin D are optimal since these are the major nutrients needed for blood production and immune system support.

Wishing you success with in your journey. Please do keep us posted of your progress.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.