View Single Post
Old Tue May 5, 2015, 04:58 AM

No! Eat.

My theory is that short term starvation reduces bone marrow blood production. The idea is that the "least hardy" blood producing cells are the first to die, that is on day 2. Then, a day later, day 4, you rebuild by eating. In other words neutrophil production loss during short term starvation would be expected.

Then to give adequate time to rebuild, you eat as much as you can until the next fast which, at least in the clinical study I referenced, was a month later.

I must use the ipad, and I must remember what you said. But it sounds horrible. If you can regain the ability to eat, get a lot, and go for physical therapy. For me? I check my weight and look to try to keep it from going down.

I am no doctor. But last fast I was thinking this was sort of like chemo. I got a minor infection that blossomed the day after the fast ended. I crossed my fingers. It took three weeks to clear. No antibiotics. Nice. But I keep a stack of Amoxicillin around just in case. Due to cost, I do not keep G-CSF in the fridge, and that is fine now that I know I don't have to eat amoxicillin for a month if I take one. I am beginning to think doctors over prescribe just to be safe.

Anyway.... I don't understand your overall health problems. But no nutrition for more than 3 days sounds injurious. I Googled that topic, starvation, while trying to get data on bone marrow production while starving. Nothing much out there.

Last edited by akemwave : Tue May 5, 2015 at 09:36 AM.