View Single Post
Old Tue May 5, 2015, 10:54 AM

Akemwave,

I hope once Valter Longo publishes, it will be easier to find a healthcare provider willing to assist. Since my husband is 13 years out from treatment and in a remission, he's really not a good candidate for a trial unless he relapses.

It's been 15 months since we started the 5/2 intermittent fasting diet but have not had any blood work done since last September. We do know that his kidney function is improved as well as his blood glucose levels.

I also think there are two different groups involved with Bone Marrow Failure. Those with MDS and SAA. With SAA, it's generally accepted that most is caused by an autoimmune problem. Some are trying a fasting protocol for various autoimmune disorders but I don't know of anyone utilizing it for SAA. I haven't seen any real concrete outcomes for any autoimmune diseases at this point. But then I haven't looked either. The cause of autoimmune disorders is unclear and varies for each person. I think fasting needs to be accompanied by proper nutritional support, reducing ones toxic burden and correcting imbalances in the digestive system.

I hope you continue to improve or at least, maintain.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.