View Single Post
Old Mon May 25, 2015, 02:30 PM

Status Post Fast 6

Marlene;

I have ended cycle 6, and when ready will go for a blood panel.

You said, " From what I remember, Dr. Longo provides his clinical trial patients with a fasting kit with some level of calories/nutrition on the fast days. ...
Hopefully you are including blood chemistry panels in addition to your CBCs and have also verified that your B12, folate, copper, iron, zinc and vitamin D are optimal since these are the major nutrients needed for blood production and immune system support."

Looking again on the mouse study I note, "in fact, we show that PF alone causes a 28% decrease WBC number, which is fully reversed after refeeding (Figures 7B and S2F)." Normally 28% should not be so much. But without monitoring tools, it is all pure guess work.

As a matter of time and money, I could not do that, and that is too bad for me, and for research as well, as information I may have produced is lacking. My story? The last fast was fun, easy and empowering. 86 hours. It was probably too long. I felt I could wait until lunch time, no problem. Then - A day and 1/2 after break-fast I got the runs. 48 hours after that, a mouth "sore" at one side of the base of the tongue. Unfortunately that inhibited eating. Antibiotics have been applied. Local Doc says he has seen that often in immunocompromised individuals. I noticed in the mouse studies WBC was suppressed 28% at the end of 3 days fasting. I just did not know how to calibrate that to humans, or at least this one human.

As I said, the sore made it painful to eat, but not eating post fast is very very bad. I now have overcome that problem with appropriate good liquid foods, and feel much better.

When the infection is cleared, I will get a blood panel, and report my personal result. Lets hope it shows significant improvement.