View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 03:12 PM

I have AA, TERC, & pulmonary fibrosis & am on SS

Hi, just read your post & wanted to give you some advice. I qualified for SS disability last year & was fast tracked (went through process faster) for my diagnoses. It doesn't hurt you to try, and the faster you do apply, the faster you will get your money. You should check beforehand to find out how much you will get, because its really not enough, it might not be enough to cover your bills, & if you have savings, you will probably have to dip into that. I've been working full-time plus since I was 15, and am now 46 & didn't want to file, but needed to to take care of myself. It also doesn't hurt to get a SS disability attorney if you don't have a medical background. I'm a nurse & I used an atty (they do it based on contingency), but probably didn't need one. Mine charged 25% & it was paid for from SS. Good luck, hope I helped.
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.