View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 4, 2014, 09:33 PM

D+65 Muscle pains

So on Wednesday the 1st, I did my usual 1.25 miles walking on the treadmill, no issues other than I stripped off all myclothes (except the underwear), my youngest went and got me a pair ofshorts.... At this point it's hard for my body to regulate my temperature, and going outside is pretty much out of the question (zero to low single digits)...

Finished early enough, and so I figured I'd do a few push ups... Two sets of 25 spaced 30 minutes apart... Did them easily, usually I alternate push up days and treadmill days... Doctor had cleared me to do both a few weeks ago...

So Thursday I woke up a little sore (triceps, biceps, shoulders, upper back and lats) a little strange I thought, been doing this for a couple of weeks, and didn't overdo it...

Friday I woke up and was still sore, again quite weird, but figured it would go away definitely by Saturday... I guess I ate too much for dinner, because I sacrificed about 25% of it to the porcelain throne, but felt fine after that...Still combined got me a little worried...

Saturday woke up in still more pain, still only affecting my pushup muscles, but the pain was emanating from my muscles to the lower layer of my skin, like a deep sunburn... Ate breakfast, normal BM, no fever (had been checking it after I puked the night before 99.7 was the high)...

Decided to give the on call doctor a ring, explained that I hadn't over done anything, and that the muscle pain was similar to the one time I did catch the flu (10 years ago)... Doctor said absent any other symptoms, and/or fever, that I should just take 400mg of Ibuprofen or 500mg of Tylenol...

I have an appointment on Monday, so hopefully everything will resolve itself before then...

Best to all and God Bless...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)