View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 5, 2014, 09:28 PM

bailie,

I was 100% in complete remission after 2 rounds of Dacogen (I felt better then than I had in over a year)... My doctor said I could have easily seen 2 years of good response... But as she (my doctor) said, you have to strike while the anvil is hot... Everything was perfectly lined up: donor, insurance, work, good health...

In the end no one has a crystal ball, but 1st complete remission is the best case scenario for treatment of this disease (with BMT/SCT), and increases the chance of success, and lowers risk of relapse....

Realize that this is all from my perspective, you have to make the choices that are right for your situation...

All the best, and God Bless,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
That is very interesting. I was diagnosed RAEB-2 in November 2013. I have been feeling totally normal (which isn't unusual) since my 2nd cycle of Vidaza. All of my blood counts are in the normal range except a couple on the border of normal. That is the dilemma. Does a person continue on Vidaza until it crashes or does a person go into transplant while feeling great and healthy? If Vidaza would continue working for years it would be tempting, but it is hard to guess about the future.
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)