View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
Day +150 and feeling reasonably well. About Day +70 to Day +95 I had a very manageable skin GVHD. It was a rash that moved from arms to legs to back. It only lasted about a week in each area and cleared quickly when I used Triamcinolone 0.1% cream. The rash was not a problem and barely noticeable. Drs. were happy about the ease of getting rid of it.

At Day +130 I developed a dry cough and fever that topped out at 99.7 degrees (my temperature baseline is 97.5). It seemed encouraging that my WBCs and neutrophils jumped up at the same time as my increased temperature to 12.3 and 10.4 respectively. I felt weak. After two days my temperature dropped back down to 97.5 and has remained there since. The dry cough in morning still remains. We are still checking regularly with CTs and lung X-rays to decide if this was/is a temporary situation or perhaps GVHD.

Those are the only negatives I have had. I am still power walking a mile each day when the weather is reasonable. Appetite is good and digestive system functioning well. Naturally, I am always waiting for something. That just seems to be the personality of MDS.

Hey Ballie - great progress and attitude all way round! My prayers are with you.