View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2014, 01:10 AM

Not much to report. Weight reasonably stable...now 46kgs. I'm having occasions when I can't straighten my legs at all and they are stuck for hours in a contracted position which means that I'm unable to mobilise at all at those times. I just take increased doses of diazapines and cross fingers it works and so far, so good. I assume one day that will cease to work. I'm lucky I don't have a lot of pain (yet).

I caught the community bus to my physicians office today and was going to leave my Christmas gift with his secretary (he works Wednesday at another hospital) but he was there and I had to give it to him in person, which I really didn't want to do. It's the first time he's seen me in street clothes (I usually wear very baggy pyjamas) and I think he was a bit shocked at how thin I really am. I could feel him feeling my ribs as he gave me a hug. At least I think the hand made shortbread and the bottle of Cab Sav went down well and Glenys (his secretary) seemed to like the French Champagne.

I went past the hospital canteen and the daily special was a bacon, lettuce, tomato toasted sandwich with a cappuccino for $5 (with full table service on proper China crockery) so I decided to try it out. Well, I managed a quarter sandwich and half a coffee but it was a nice change from protein supplements. Call me stingy but I asked for a doggy bag too.

36 degrees C here today with thunder storms predicted. Normal summer.