View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2014, 07:22 PM

It's strange isn't it Birgitta, how we come to that place in our minds called "peaceful acceptance".

A month or so ago I became angry with my physician for the first time and raised my voice at him because he wouldn't (couldnt) give me a life expectancy. I just wanted an approximate number of months etc. he refused to speculate. I told him off, I said I didn't mind dying but I just wanted to know when! That was the first time I saw him look sad, when he couldn't give me any idea.

He just said it was time to enjoy myself and do things while I can and to not worry if it might make me sicker because it won't shorten my life by much. So that's what I'm doing.

So, I've booked that cruise...I may not make it...so what! I may take that cruise and find I'm still well enough to take many more, who knows!

Each day I wake up and I can still get out of bed and live an independant day is a bonus. I look over and see my dog in her basket next to my bed and I've got to be happy, how can I be anything else?

I can tell from the way you write that you too have that "peaceful acceptance" while at the same time you live each day to the full and appreciate every day that you are given. I hope you are given many more.