View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 26, 2014, 09:34 AM

Zinc Cooper and other suppliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
The whole copper/zinc balance shuts down my brain. About four years after John's treatment, an doctor who specializes in "functional medicine" ran his red blood cell mineral elements as well as a copper/zinc profile. The red blood cell analysis showed low-normal copper and high normal zinc. While the blood serum showed low zinc and normal copper. Even the doctor didn't know what to make of it. The copper/zinc ratio, which I understand is an important factor in all of this, was high.

Copper is just recently identified as a possible link to MDS so it does make sense to try and correct it. I don't know if they checked the copper/zinc ratios in the study they did a few year back or if they just looked at the copper serum levels.
Hi Marlene, Happy Holidays, I would appreciate your help in letting me and other know what you currently have John taking in the way of supplements and your other holistic approaches. I started taking zinc and B6 recently along with some other supplements then decided to see who was taking the same on this board and came across a few of your old posts. I value your past research and would greatly appreciate knowing the dosage and brands you use. Zinc is a real puzzle as to which form to take.