View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 4, 2015, 04:33 PM

I haven't updated for a while so I thought I'd check in.

I had my nasal feeding tube replaced with a Jejeunal feeding tube which immediately got infected with pseudomonas bacteria and I'm back in hospital for the second time for intravenous antibiotics for the infection. I've been here for a week so far this time. Luckily my white cell count is pretty good and staying at around the 2.5 mark so, fingers crossed, it doesn't drop. No talk of discharge at this time though.

It looks as if my cruise might be in jeopardy but I'm still hopeful that I will be well enough to go. If I can't go I have two friends who can take over my tickets at short notice.

I've spent probably five of the last six weeks in hospital and I'm due for more copper infusions in a weeks time so even if I get out of here soon, I won't be out for long. I have to wonder if this is the start of how my life is going to be and whether this is the time to sit back and think about my treatment options or whether this is just an unfortunate bump in the road and life will improve. It's hard to look at life objectively when you are actually the one living it.