View Single Post
Old Tue May 3, 2016, 07:57 PM

Has your doctor suggested a stem cell transplant? It is the only possible cure. My situation was that I started immediately in the direction of the transplant as soon as I was diagnosed and before having any transfusions. I had eight cycles of Vidaza to get me into remission and get my blood counts up. I felt good the whole time until transplant which was nine months after diagnosis. I would have died about seven months after diagnosis without the Vidaza and transplant. If a transplant is in your future I would encourage you to have it as soon as possible while you are feeling fairly well. What is your age? This is an age related disease. I have only had one transfusion since I was diagnosed and that was about five days after my stem cell transplant. This forum is excellent to help you educate yourself about MDS. The education (I feel) is extremely important. We wish you a very good outcome.