View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 24, 2022, 09:53 PM

Your post fascinates me as I just found out recently that Danazol is used as a monotherapy drug to treat refractory aplastic anemia. There are many studies to show that it can have great results. Why some hematologists won't prescribe it is beyond me. Women with AA fare even better on Danazol than men with AA. That is what I read.

think it takes a few months or more to have any real response to Danazol for aplastic anemia, but I could be wrong. It might take 4-6 months. I just can't remember.

My mother is still transfusion-dependent after 15 months since ATG. They want to give her Campath, but we are not ready to for it just yet.

Let me tell you this: platelets are the most stubborn of the three lines in aplastic anemia. People can get off blood transfusions way before getting off platelet transfusions. They are also rare cases of someone getting off platelet transfusions, but still needing blood transfusions several months later. Every person with AA is different. Some people have all their levels rise and stay up all at one time. It is likely that your wife will eventually have a full response to ATG and the Danazol as her blood has already come up and stayed up since May of this year. That's a great sign.

Aplastic anemia is a very mysterious disease and very unpredictable until all levels stabilize.

I am wishing your wife the best of health and lots and lots of happiness.

May you both be well.

Last edited by Matthew42 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 at 12:04 PM.