Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > Bone Marrow Failure
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bone Marrow Failure Causes, treatment approaches, terminology, related diseases

Old Fri Jul 24, 2015, 06:01 AM

Blood Test Results - Failure?

Hello to all who follow this thread. I was slow posting these results for a variety of reasons, one of which is that I do not like the results. Another of which is loss of computer capacity due to theft and other incidents.

2015-07-13

Red 3.45 L. 4.5 - 5.9 x10e12/L
Hemoglobin. 12.3. 11.5 - 16.0 g/dL

White. 2.0L. 4.0 - 11.0 x10E9/L
neutrophils. 4.0%L. .08. 2.00 - 7.5
Lymphocyte 41.0%L. 0.82. 1.00 - 4.00
Others ok

Platelets. 82. *L. 140. - 420

As someone who never trusts a reading, I would like to discredit this one, but that is made more difficult by a neutro reading a few weeks earlier that was close to the same. That was while I had the tail end of an infection, so it was easy to discredit. I was not aware of any infection as of the date this blood sample was taken.

I do feel very good. Yes, I am a bit more prone to infection, but I do not have the horrible boils I was getting more than a year earlier. Other health signs seem very good. A discoloration of my toes is almost gone (idiopathic). When I have used Neupogen I get some little bit of finger swelling. That is something I also see when first using antibiotics. Some years ago I had a biopsy of such a swelling. The tissue was engorged with neutrophils. The dertimologiest was sure it was not Sweet's disease. I shrugged it off. I had a bit of that a few weeks ago and hoped it indicated greater neutrophil production. Of course, the blood test indicates otherwise.

I will want to review all the tests, and think it through, a process made more difficult by IT problems. Do I resume fasting? Does the neutrophil level which is still about the same as when I started fasting indicate short term starvation kept things from getting worse? What about platelet counts? That is lower than I recall ever seeing before. Having no computer hampers my review. That is all for now.

Last edited by akemwave : Wed Aug 12, 2015 at 08:09 AM.